Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rough Draft/Tweethis

The tweethis that I've kind of shot out and am waiting for feedback on is that "Shakespeare is best understood and expanded by engaging and discussing his texts rather than reading in isolation." I'm incorporating ideas about social media and the capacity we have to make Shakespeare global not just in the sense that he is studied globally but in that we can interact globally. Shakespeare has become a common thread between societies and we are not capable of reaching halfway across the world to prove it.

So, without further ado, here's what I have so far. I've got a lot of ideas brewing, but tell me if this general train of thought is making sense. Happy Studying!


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUExWBkxlHgi9ok4tVLQiUTgbjm-Vno5cvwxpaNBxfQ/edit

2 comments:

  1. I think your paper is great so far.Is there a specific Shakespeare play that you are going to use to show different interpretations or global perspectives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting to me that what I read in this draft didn't necessarily focus on what I thought it would from hearing about your research successes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great start.

    I know it's just the beginning, but I wonder where you're going in connecting the global aspect with the non-isolated learning. You mention that it isn't that Shakespeare is universal, but that it can be discussed globally. So how does this connect to studying Shakespeare? Are you saying everyone should study Shakespeare globally, or just that the works can be discussed in any part of the globe?

    ReplyDelete