Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Woo Hoo!!

Great news ladies and gentlemen! I've heard back from another one of the people I contacted (one person emailed me back but only said they'd get back to me with more information). So, I heard back from a retired Professor of Philosophy in Visakahapatnam, India. I asked him what the school curriculum is like as far as Shakespeare goes and he said that when he was in school they read King Lear, Macbeth, and Othello. He went on to say, "Lady Macbeth always fascinated me , she must have been a great wife to Macbeth though it was a lost cause." He told me that now, Shakespeare is still taught but not as deeply because of the "frenzy for technical pursuits." He thanked me for asking him this question, saying that these works are dear to his heart. It really is a cool feeling to have someone halfway around the world acknowledge what you're doing and want to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment